Cranberry Salsa with Fruits
Today I am going to share a recipe that can be made with different fruits and will taste wonderful. I have adopted the cranberry salsa recipe from the well-known cranberry-apple salsa and derived many versions of it. I make Cranberry Salsa with Apple, Guava, Pears, Persimmon or any meaty fruits and they all taste very good. We can enjoy these salsa with traditional tortilla chips, or you can pair them with Kabobs, meatloaves, or baked turkey. This is a kid-friendly recipe and is very popular in our kids’ meetups.
This year on Thanksgiving holiday, I made three versions of the cranberry salsa. I made it with apple, guava, and just cranberry by itself. Earlier I have made it with Asian Pears, and a good friend of mine tried it with Persimmon.
The base of this recipe is the cranberry condiments made of fresh cranberries. You can substitute the fruit as per your preference, or availability. The cranberry condiment if stored or freeze, then this salsa can be made with seasonal fruits like Peach, Nectarine or Apricots as well.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1/2 Cup of Cranberry Condiment
- 1/2 Cup of Chopped Red Onion
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt (as per taste)
- 1 Chopped green Chili (as per paste)
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves (optional)
- Cranberry-Apple Salsa
- 1 Cup of Chopped Apple
- Cranberry -Guave Salsa
- 1 Cup of Guava
- Mix chopped red onions with lemon juice, salt
- Prepare Cranberry Condiment as per the direction
- Add Cranberry Condiment
- Add chopped Apple/Guava/Pear/Persimmon/any preferred fruit
- Adjust the taste of salt and spice
- Enhance the flavor with chopped coriander leaves
- Mix all ingredients very well
- Chill before serving.
This is a kids friendly recipe. Adjust the spice as per taste. Try it with any meaty neutral tasting fruit instead of apple.
- gluten free
- dairy free
- egg free
- soy free
- wheat free
- seafood free
- treenut free
- sesame free
- mustard free
1 thought on “Cranberry Salsa with Fruits”