Pecans are one of the loved nuts in my household. Candied Pecan thus is a go-to snack, as well as I often toss it into salads, cakes, muffins, even on some of my stir-fried vegetables. This tastes great on homemade parfaits as well.
This is how it looks at different stages. I melt the butter in microwave by heating it for one minute, then add sugar and salt and heat again for another minute, then add cinnamon. This can be made on the stovetop as well as in oven I make it in my toaster oven. The above pictures are the mixture before adding the nuts, then add nuts and mix well, and the last picture is after toasting the final candied pecan.
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/2 Cup of Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups of Pecan
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl by heating for 1 minute
- Add sugar and salt, heat in microwave for another minute
- Add cinnamon powder and mix them well
- Toss in the pecans into the mixture
- Spread them evenly on a baking tray
- Toast in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
These nuts can be stored in air tight container for couple of weeks.